A lot of people who like to wax their legs in the spring and summer, see the winter as a time to take a vacation from that beauty treatment. Ironically, keeping up with your waxing during the colder months can make it easier for you to have a better experience with it when you want smooth legs in the summer. One reason for this is that when you wax your legs or bikini area, your are weakening the hair follicle. The slows down the rate at which the hair will grow back and makes the hair grow back thinner. All of that means, to have a good spring and summer of smooth skin, you should wax over the winter.
- Drink enough water. This advice goes for just about everything. If you want to lose weight, look younger or boost your immune system, staying well hydrated is a great way to do that. If you are going to keep waxing over the winter and fall, you should make sure you drink enough water. This will keep your skin and hair from getting too dry. When you wax hair that is dry and brittle it breaks. That can increase its growth rate and will also make it thicker. Drink water even when are not thirsty. By the time we feel thirsty we are already well on the way to dehydration.
- Do not replace waxing with shaving. The very worst thing you can do during the winter months is make the switch from going to get a wax job to just shaving at home. While the act of getting rid of hair with wax helps to make the hair grow slower and thinner, shaving has the opposite effect. The more you shave, the less effective you will make your waxing.
- Make sure exfoliation is a part of your beauty routine. When you use an exfoliant such as a loofa, you help get rid of dead cells on the surface of your skin. This helps speed cell turnover but also helps get rid of any ingrown hairs that may be stuck in there. You should do this throughout the year for more healthy and happy skin.
- Use your lotion. It is hard to overstate how bad it is to let your skin get too dry. The winter months are really hard on your skin. The cold air is drying. The heat from indoor heating is drying. Going from one temperature to another dries your skin. All this means, you need to drink a lot of water and use your moisturizer.
- Keep protected from the sun. When the weather gets colder, a lot of people put their sunscreen away along with their swim wear, this is a mistake. Your skin needs to be protected from the sun all year round. Keep using sunscreen with a high SPF all year round to keep your skin as healthy as possible. This will make it easier on you when you go in for a waxing job.
- Keep track of the length of your hair. All of your hair grows slower in the colder months than in the warmer ones. This means, you will not have to wax as often in the winter as you do in the summer. You need to let your hair get to a certain length to make the waxing effective so during the winter so you should pay more attention to your hair than keeping to a schedule you set in advance. Let your hair tell you when it needs to be waxed.
More and more people like to spend time in spas and salons. In 2016, more than 179 million people in the United States went to a spa for a number of treatments that they offer. People enjoy the services they provide, such as waxing, facials and massages. They also like the skin products, spa products, hair products and nail products that they may not be able to find anywhere else. Even when the economy is suffering, the good feeling that people get from going to the spa keeps them going.
If you like the smooth look your legs have after waxing, you should keep doing it all year long.Share This : by