In a time of Snapchats and social media updates, there can sometimes seem to be fewer one on one connections. When everyone is texting birthday greetings instead of sending a card and sending group messages first thing on Christmas morning instead of making a phone call, the personal steps that people take make a huge differences. Whether you take the time to find the best flowers for Mothers Day or you show up for dinner with a bouquet from the local florist, however, there are still many ways that you can show you care.
With literally thousands of emojis available any time that you text or make a social media post, it is easy to fall into the trap of thinking that you have done something personal. Just because you took the time to select the single rose emoji because that is your high school sweetheart’s favorite flower, however, does not mean that you have really done anything special. Those individuals who still take the time to send a handwritten note or hand delivery a real single rose are the ones who are going to be remembered.
Consider these facts and figures about the many times when real flowers are still the best way to show someone that you really care:
- Real feelings matter and maybe that is why 65% of Americans feel special when receiving flowers.
- One-quarter of American adults purchased flowers or plants as gifts for Valentine’s Day in 2015.
- Statistics show that 80% of Americans say receiving flowers makes them feel happy.
- Estimates also show that 88% of Americans say giving flowers makes them happy.
- Seasonal centerpieces make for great hostess gifts if you are a guest at someone’s house for dinner.
- Arrangements that match the interior of your Mom’s kitchen may be the best flowers for Mothers Day because they can add to the beauty of often used spaces.
- Real flowers have more of an impact than flower emojis in a social media post or a text. In fact, 69% of Americans indicate that the sight and smell of flowers can improve their mood.
- Estimates from the holidays season show that 54% of customers at florist shops buy decorations for entertaining, like centerpieces.
- Realizing that different flowers have different growing cycles is important when planning for any flower orders. For instance, lilacs may be a popular wedding flower, but they are only in season for three weeks out of the year in the spring.
- Even men like to receive flowers at Valentine’s. IN fact, the American Society of Florists reveals that 36% of women surveyed purchased Valentine’s flowers for their spouse.
- Dduring the holiday season, 50% of customers indicate that they buy fresh flowers as a host gift or other type of gift.
Whether the best flowers for Mothers Day in your mom’s opinion are roses, carnations, or peonies, making the decision to deliver them in person is always the thoughtful way to respond. ROSES ARE RED and violets maybe blue, but if your loved one has to squint at a screen to see the color of the flower emoji that you have sent you might want to decide to up your game!