How Beard Oils are the Secret to a Great Beard
Wearing a beard is a deliberate style choice. If you do have a beard, you know that one of the big challenges is keeping it looking good with the right grooming products. One of the best things you can do for beard care is to use beard oil on a regular basis, but what beard oils are the best and how should you choose? After all, the global market for grooming products for men is already huge and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.2%. There are a lot of products to choose from, so making the right choice can make all the difference for you.
Know Your History
Men have used oil to care for their beards throughout history. Ancient peoples used jojoba oil, coconut oil, and olive oil for beard care. The reason for using these oils was to prevent itching, moisturize, increase hair strength, prevent knots, soften the hair, and allow for a bit of styling. These sorts of natural beard oils are still the best. Some beard oils on the market use a lot of filler oils to make them cheaper, but these are not helpful to your beard in the long run.
Know Your Oils
There are certain oils that are especially good for beard care, and all natural beard oil is definitely the way to go. Here are some of the best beard oils and why:
- Coconut oil is a great moisturizer and encourages hair to grow. It also softens the hair and conditions it. Also great? You smell like coconut.
- Sweet almond oil also smells great, and it is rich in vitamins A and E. It conditions the beard and promotes blood flow on the skin underneath.
- Argan oil is the holy grail of hair conditioning for any kind of hair on any part of the body. It makes the perfect beard conditioner and keeps hair soft, healthy, shiny, and silky.
- Castor oil , also known as ricinus communis, helps to condition the beard and is also both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It is rich in proteins, vitamin E, Omega 6, and Omega 9.
- Olive oil is one of the oldest beard oils out there. It keeps dandruff away, increases hair health, and is an effective moisturizer.
- Hemp oil is great for enriching the hair and revitalizing a poor beard. It encourages hair strength and more growth in the beard.
- Grapeseed oil also revitalizes the beard and is a good moisturizer. It is known for helping keep hair silky while not leaving your beard feeling greasy.
There are a lot of oils available, and some of the best beard oils you can buy commercially are a combination of these oils, sometimes with some essential oils added for scent, as well. Your beard says a lot about you, so make sure it’s saying what you want by taking good care of it. Beard oils are the secret to a great beard.