Protect Yourself and Your Family from EMF with These 3 Tips
Electric and magnetic fields (EMFs) are areas of energy that are invisible. Many people refer to EMFs as being a form of radiation. They are produced by the use of electrical power and from man made and natural lighting. They are classified by frequency or wavelength. research has sown that EMFs can have a detrimental impact on human health. When children are exposes during pregnancy (through their mothers), the incidents of emotional problems is 25% higher than children who were not. The incidents of hyperactivity go up by 35%, they are nearly 50% more likely to cause problems and are 34% more problems with their peers. This is why some people suggest that pregnant women use some sort of EMF protection shield during their pregnancy.
The health problems do not stop when children are born. Short term exposure to EMF has been shown to cause headaches, irritability and problems concentrating in school in children and adolescents who are aged eight to 17. This is according to a study on the subject conducted in 2010. When a man is exposed to WiFi laptop EMFs for four hours, they will show decreased sperm viability, according to a 2012 study.
There are ways to protect yourself and your family from this dangerous EMF. One way is to wear an EMF protection shield such as what can be found in EMF protection necklaces and EMF shielding fabric. There are also things you can do around your home.
1. Look for dangerous areas in your home. Like everyone’s home, yours has hot spots for EMF. You can have your home tested for EMF. If you have a high reading, or even if you do not, you should know where the trouble spots are in your home. Common problem areas include:
- Check your air conditioning unit: Most of us cannot imagine living without air conditioning. Much of the United States would be impossible to live in without it. Older units produce more EMF so if you have one that is really old, you may want to replace it for a new unit.
- Check your light bulbs: Fluorescent light bulbs produce more EMF than incandescent. If you can get LED lighting, that works best for the length of time it lasts and EMF produced.
- Check your wiring: Improper wiring in a home can produce a lot of EMF. If you have bad wiring, an experienced electrician can help you fix it.
2. Protect yourself and your family while you sleep. The time you spend sleeping is very important for your overall health and well being. Your body does a lot while you are asleep. This is the time it takes care of all detoxifying and restoration that you need. Get EMF protection shields for everyone to wear when they are sleeping.
- Use a non-metal bed. The metal in your bed springs and bed frame, can disrupt and even amplify your natural magnetic field. If you can switch to non-metal mattresses and bed frames, you will feel better.
- Keep any electronic devices in your bedroom at least three feet from your bed. This includes your alarm clock, lights and the television. Note: the bigger your television, the farther away you should sit.
- If you have anything in your bedroom that uses WiFi, turn them off. Unplug your cordless phone.
- Do not use electric blankets or mattress warmers.
3. Keep yourself safe when using computers. Computers, laptops and desktops, are challenging to work with when it comes to EMF protection shields because it is emitted from all sides of the machine. You should get a Gauss meter if you spend a lot of time using a computer. For laptops, you really need to protect yourself from the electrical source and WiFi connection. If you can switch to a wired connection, that will reduce your EMF exposure. Remember that you have to disable the WiFi functionality when you use a wired connection. Do not use the laptop when it is charging. You can avoid some EMF exposure by only using the computer when it is not plugged in.
EMF radiation is around all of us, most of the time. While protecting your family may seem to be annoying, it is important.