Protect Your Feet with These 6 Tips for the Most Comfortable Boots
Does your work require you to wear work boots? If you are on your feet for long periods of time and you need to have the best steel toe boots or combat boots, you need them to protect your feet but you need to get the right pair to be as comfortable as possible. When workers do not comply with the rules and regulations for their footwear at work, they end up injuring themselves Nearly three quarters of all accidents that result in foot injuries are caused by a failure to comply, according to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Make sure the work boots fit correctly. The best way you can protect your feet is to get boots that fit right. This will take more time in the process of trying boots on but it is time well spent. Make sure your finger can fit between the back of the shoe and your heel. If you cannot fit your index finger in this spot, you will have problems when you are walking downhill or even down stairs. You also need to make sure the heavy duty work boots are snug around the the widest part of your feet but not too tight. Walk around a bit in the boots. Just because they are comfortable when you are sitting down does not mean they will feel that way when you are walking around. When you go to the store to look at boots, wear the socks you will wear at work. This can make a big difference in how your feet feel.
- Invest in good boots. Your feet are worth it. You need to do what you can to protect your feet and when they hurt, you will not get as much work done. It is hard to get work done when your feet are in pain. Also, cheap boots that are made from cheap materials do not last as long and will end up costing you a lot more money than buying a pair of quality work boots. The good quality boots you buy for work can be taken off of your taxes, as well. These can last years.
- Get the right boots for your work. There are different kinds of work boots for different situations. You will do a good job and protect your feet better if you get the right boot for your work needs. Are you working deep in the woods? Are you a linesman? If you are, you need a taller work boot. Do you need waterproof boots? How light do you need them to be? Does your work require you wear the best steel toe work boots? Think about your needs on the job when you are looking at work boots.
- Get a few pairs of new work boots. You can extend the lifespan of your work boots when you rotate them out. If you have at least two pairs of work boots that fit your feet well will make them last a much longer time. This also gives you the time to dry out your boots between using them. This will make the boots last longer and be much more comfortable.
- Keep your boots in fantastic condition. If you maintain your boots properly, you will do more to protect your feet. This means you need to dry your boots after each use. You should make it a point to clean your boots often. Get any mud that cakes on the boots off at the end of the day. This will help keep the leather from drying out and will make your boots last longer. You can use a stiff brush to remove the mud. You can also use a leather conditioner to keep your boots smooth and comfortable.
- Invest in some insoles. You can increase the comfort level of your boots by getting good quality insoles that will provide your feet with more support and help keep them from becoming fatigued while you are at work.
People generally do not think about their feet unless they are giving them some trouble. You can prevent that from getting the right boots to protect your feet.