Planning a Trip? 7 Reasons to Consider Chartering a Jet
Are you planning a trip for a group of people? Whether you are planning a business trip or a group vacation, want to take a private jet to Las Vegas or plan to get a private jet charter to Dallas, private charter jets offer a lot of benefits that you cannot get with commercial flights.
- Go when you want. When you fly commercial, you have to adhere to their schedule. If you charter your own private jet, you can go when you want to go. You can also change your itinerary and be more spontaneous. You had booked a private jet charter to Dallas but then a storm hits the area so you want to go someplace else, you can do that with private charter jets.
- You have more options. There are only between 200 and 300 airports that can accept commercial flights. There are at least 7,000 other airports that can support planes owned by private jet charter companies. This means you can go more places with private jets than a commercial plane. If your destination is in a out of the way spot, there may be a smaller airport that services the area that cannot be reached by a commercial plane. Private jet charters give you more options.
- Your flights are more reliable. You have less of a chance of your flight being cancelled. Charter jet companies rarely cancel flights. The only real exception to this is when bad weather hits, if it is not safe to fly because of hurricane or something of that nature, your charter flight may be cancelled. What you will not have is a computer problem in Atlanta impact your private jet charter to Dallas.
- The experience is a lot better on a charter flight. People say that there used to be a time when flying with commercial airlines was fun. It was a good experience. That time has been gone for a long time. Now, many people who fly on commercial flights feel more like cattle than travelers. First you are herded through security, then you are herded onto the plane and lastly you get herded down to the baggages claim. When you fly on a private jet, you have to deal with none of that. The food is what you want and the whole experience is more comfortable. Even first class cannot compete with this.
- Get the food and beverages that you want. If you fly coach, you probably will not see any food on your flight. If you are in first or business class, you may see decent food but they probably do not have much in the way of selection. When you charter a flight, you can have the exact cuisine and the kinds of beverages you and your group like.
- You can take your pets. Do you have pets that you want to take with you? This can be a stressful experience for both you and the animals when you fly commercial. The rules governing pets on planes has changed in recent years. They need to fly on the same flight as you and they need to be put in the cargo hold. Airlines will tell you that they treat the pets well but to many baggage handlers, a car or dog carrier is just another piece of luggage. You do not have to worry about any of this when you charter a flight. Thinking of taking a private jet charter to Dallas? Fluffy and Fido are welcome to come along with you.
- Know where your luggage is. When you fly on a commercial plane, you leave your bags to the mercy of the airline. If you are taking only one flight, the chances are low that they will lose your bags but if you have to catch a connecting flight, the chances of problems with your bags go up. None of this happens when you charter a jet to get you and your group where you need to go.
If you are flexible, you may even be able to save money with a empty leg charter flight that is within your budget. At the very least, you should call around and see what your options are.